WYDOT – Hiring Human Resources Associate II – Basin
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Human Resources Associate II in Basin, Wyoming to provide human resource assistance to staff and employees of District 5.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Prepares human resources related actions in the multiple HR areas.
- Prepares and reviews forms for human resources, payroll and related actions.
- Maintains accurate human resources records.
- Assists in the preparation of recruitment announcements and advertisements, and provides advice and counsel to supervisors and managers on the recruitment process.
- Provides clerical and office support to ensure operation of the office and district.
- Provides advice and counsel to employees, managers and supervisors on benefits matters.
- Conducts employee orientation and assists in the conduct of human resources related training.
- Provides input into the recommendations of changes in human resources procedures.
- Assists in gathering of preliminary data for classification requests.
- Ensures that data and records are kept in a manner which is user friendly and can be readily accessed and utilized.
- Ensures work done is in compliance with relevant federal and state laws.
- Conducts investigations into personnel matters and makes recommendations concerning discipline.
- Coordinates with Cheyenne HR on disciplinary actions and other matters.
- Assists in developing interview questions and conducting interviews for vacant positions within the District.
- Serves as the contact for District 5 on all HR-related issues.
Preference will be given to applicants with interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, as applied to interaction with employees and the public.
Preference given for ability to effectively prioritize, plan and organize work.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, trends and practices of human resource management.
- Knowledge of employment rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Knowledge of rank structure and chain of command.
Education & Experience Substitution:
Necessary Special Requirements
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation – WYDOT – Chief Engineer – District Administration
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.