WYDOT- Hiring a Heavy Equipment Operator – Worland
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator located in Worland, Wyoming. Under limited supervision, this position performs various maintenance duties to provide a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system.
Salary $2,962.00 – $3,702.00 Monthly
Location Worland, WY
Job Type Full Time
Department 045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer – District Maintenance
Job Number 06450
Open Until 7/12/2017 11:59 PM Mountain
- Safely operates and trains others to operate complex machinery in specialized applications.
- Performs and oversees all maintenance tasks.
- Observes, verifies, and documents work activities of Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Assists manager in planning, assigning, and supervising.
- Provides advice and assistance on repair procedures needed for highways, equipment and buildings.
- Serves as technical resource.
- Communicates project information and proposed courses of action and/or subsequent consequences.
- Provides input to performance evaluations for Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Provides work direction to a crew on a daily basis.
- Provides leadership and guidance to others while performing duties related to snow and ice removal.
- Knowledge of highway equipment and operations.
- Knowledge of computer systems, work reporting requirements, and maintenance management practices specific to WYDOT.
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand/sit and operate equipment for long periods of time
- Work in adverse environmental conditions
- Working around high speed traffic and heavy construction equipment
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Individuals in this classification will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Current WYDOT employees may be eligible for the Employee Moving Expense Plan for this position to assist with expenses incurred utilizing a U-Haul.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation – WYDOT – Chief Engineer – District Maintenance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.